If you are someone who likes to give hope to those who are in darkness, this is a great place to have that opportunity. If you have a desire to sow your God-given skills, your time, or your finances into a group of people with deep needs, Grieving Parents Sharing Hope has a place for you.
GPS Hope is a growing national ministry, and we need help in many different areas. As the founders, Dave and Laura can only reach so many shattered grieving parents, but together, we can reach the thousands who face this horrible nightmare every year.
Our goal is to have a strong presence in all fifty states by the end of 2023. If you are ready to help us reach that huge milestone, here is what you can do.
First, we want and need to have a way to communicate with each other. Please submit your name and email address so we have a direct line to each other. (Then look for your first email that should come almost immediately, welcoming you to the partners of GPS Hope, making sure we don’t get sent to your spam folder.)
Second, click here to join our private Facebook page, Friends of GPS Hope. This is where we share behind the scenes of who, what, when, where and how we are there for grieving parents. You will get to share in our highs and lows, and have information others don’t have about us and GPS Hope.
Next, look at the list below to get an idea of how you want to be part of the GPS Hope team of partners.
- Share GPS Hope on your social media platforms.
- Talk about us to your friends, neighbors, co-workers, church family… Word of mouth is the BEST way to let people know we are here.
- Talk to funeral homes, hospital chaplains, etc. and ask if they know about GPS Hope and our resources. Send them to our website to check us out and encourage them to contact us.
- Go to your local bookstore and find out what it would take to carry our books on their store shelves.
- Become a GPS Hope partner by donating monthly or give financial gifts as you are able.
- Give a tri-pack of books (the GPS Gift of Hope) to a grieving parent who cannot afford to purchase them for only $35.
- Let us know if you have a skill you would like to offer, such as marketing, Public Relations, a Virtual Assistant, being social media savvy, graphic designing, etc.
- Get in on our monthly Pearls of Hope FUNdraiser, and let others know about it.
- Help with fundraisers or secure donors and/or sponsors.
- Have Laura come and speak and minister hope to your group. Her message “From Pain to Purpose” is powerful for anyone who has faced a tragedy in their lives.
If you are a bereaved parent, contact us to find out how you can start a GPS Hope Share and Care group in your area.
Thank you for considering what your part may be in helping us reach out to grieving parents in their place of suffocating darkness after child-loss, to bring them hope, light, and purpose once again. We are humbled and grateful that you would consider being part of the GPS Hope team.
By the way, have you heard about our 5-5-5 challenge?
Anything under five years is considered fresh grief for a parent who has lost a child (of any age). The challenge is, when you find yourself with a FIVE-DOLLAR BILL, say a short prayer for those parents who have lost their child within the last FIVE YEARS, and then set that five-dollar bill aside. Then on the FIFTH of the month, donate the amount you have collected to GPS Hope, partnering with us to continue to reach those parents with the hope and light they need, and help them get to a place of living with meaning and purpose again.