The grief for our child can be triggered by special events and dates on the calendar, or it can surface without warning. Many of us don’t like to be in big crowds anymore. Funeral expenses, medical bills, and being unable to function (keeping us from our job) while in our deep grief can cause financial issues.
All of these things can make it difficult to attend large national events for bereaved parents.
That is why we want to bring a small, intimate GPS Hope & Healing Retreat directly to the bereaved parents in your area, which can eliminate:
- Expensive travel expenses
- Concern about committing yourself to an event far away, wondering if you will feel like putting that much time and effort into the travel to be there for a weekend when the time comes
- Feeling anxious about being in a large group of fifty, or a hundred (or more) parents
Here is the Dilemma
- Putting together a weekend retreat requires planning.
- Being a bereaved parent can cause us to be unstable in making plans.
- GPS Hope can’t put together a retreat without having “boots on the ground” to work out the necessary details.
Presenting the “GPS Hope Retreat in a Box”!
Would you like to bring GPS Hope to your area for a small group weekend retreat, but wouldn’t know what to do or where to start?
Are you concerned you wouldn’t be able to follow through with committing to being the local host?
We’ve got you covered!
GPS Hope has put together a “Retreat in a Box” to walk you through every detail of the planning.
Putting together a retreat has been made easy because we will be doing it together as a team.
With our experience, and your knowledge and personal connections of the area, it is almost impossible not to have a powerful and healing retreat experience for yourself and other parents, wherever you are on your grief journey.
Other benefits of a local GPS Hope retreat:
- Walk away with friendships with other parents in your area so you can become a life-long support system for each other
- Get to know on a personal level author, speaker, singer and grief mentor, Laura Diehl, and her husband, Dave
- Individual ministry for your unique situation
- Gain clarity on how to move forward in a way that honors the life of your child
A retreat weekend will also strengthen you in all three areas of life – body, soul and spirit by:
- Allowing your body to relax in a soothing atmosphere
- Receiving encouragement for your aching soul
- Give you a safe place that is free of any judgment or shame for you to explore where you are spiritually and your relationship with God
What previous attendees have to say…
- I just can’t put into words how sweet the fellowship was, how bonding the tears and laughter were, and how God brought a greater measure of healing to each of us. Jean
- The whole weekend really blessed us and is giving us the strength to walk thru our daughter’s 2nd anniversary. Kristin
- We were really moved by the weekend and fellowship with everyone. Susan
The benefits you (and others) will gain from this weekend far outweigh the commitment of teaming up with GPS Hope to bring a retreat to your area.
Please don’t talk yourself out of it by assuming it will just be too hard and too much. Let us send you an outline of how we will walk you through each step. This isn’t a commitment on either end, it is just taking a peek to see if something might be possible.
To find out more about the details of what a GPS Hope & Healing Retreat looks like and what it includes, click here to see the GPS Hope & Healing Retreat webpage.
Or, if you prefer to consider hosting a one-day GPS Hope conference instead, email us